12.04.2011

December Wedding Bells

This Saturday was my cousin's wedding day. I was only able to take pictures of what I chose to wear in the evening. Not that many photos either, I always underestimate the time I need to get ready in time, I even forgot to put on earrings. -___- It's alright because it is not my day, it is the bride's day. Anyhow, I love weddings, they bring everyone together!

BCBG dress, Sam Edelman Lorna pumps, Brandy Pham Charlotte bracelet and Jewelmint Birdcage Bangle


Our place settings (my Vietnamese name is Thy)



I love the meaning behind the cranes on each person's place setting. According to Japanese tradition, senbazuru is folding one thousand cranes. By completing this act before the wedding, the couple will ensure a blissful marriage. My cousin and her now husband must've spent hours folding these! Weddings that incorporate two different cultures, in this case Vietnamese and Japanese are always a learning and interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment